The Brownstone at Glencoe Mill is HIRING!
2018 is an exciting year for The Brownstone at Glencoe Mill! So many great things have happened since our Grand Opening, but we realize “to whom much is given, much is required”. We have been overwhelmed by the response to our new venue and our schedule has been filling up so much, that it’s time to add to our team! The Brownstone at Glencoe Mill is hiring! We’re searching for:
Assistant Venue Managers (2)
Social Media Interns (2)
Assistant Venue Manager Summary:
The Assistant Venue Manager provides support to the Venue Manager and must be able to conduct all aspect of the Venue Managers business when called upon. From sales, to operations, to facility upkeep. The Assistant Venue Manager must be extremely vigilant so as to maintain complete integrity in each of these critical business aspects. The company expects a welcoming and kind demeanor to ALL persons to whom the Assistant Manager interacts with.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supports the Venue Manager in many onsite core business processes, including sales, maintenance, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and vendor relations
• Provides tours of the venue to prospective clients utilizing company sales techniques, communication skills and closing techniques.
• Answers incoming phone calls professionally and handle accordingly, whether the caller is a prospective client, a client, an internal company team member, or a vendor.
• Takes a hands-on approach to any necessary duties to ensure the job is completed.
• With the support of the manager, the assistant will follows through immediately on client issues to satisfactory resolution
• Regularly monitors client satisfaction in person and through follow-up phone calls and emails
• Must be able to work weekends , evenings and over time when called upon. The work week for this position is Thursday – Monday 9:00AM – 6:00PM with one full weekend off per month.
• Conducts themselves in a professional manner. Has the ability to maintain a positive and happy attitude in a time of stress and conflict.
• Maintains relationships with clients, associates and vendors on a professional level at all times.
• Social Media Intern Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research topics and the latest trends in the wedding and event planning industry
• Coordinate meetings and/or conference calls to discuss strategy, messaging and execution of blog and social media posts
• Assist in selecting topics and being creative to effectively convey the brand of The Brownstone at Glencoe Mill
• Create weekly Social Media Post across all social media platforms
• Capture any behind the scenes video during events for social media platforms
• Monitor comments, provide correspondence as needed on social media sites
• Track and share any features and/or published work of The Brownstone at Glencoe Mill
• Must work well independently, as a team and under pressure, as this is a very demanding industry
• Possess a professional demeanor at all times, especially while representing The Brownstone at Glencoe Mill brand
• Possess a passion for the wedding and event industry
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent Creative Skills
• Attention to detail and very organized
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Familiarity with Social Media Platforms
• Knowledge of computer and internet and ability to learn internal venue manager software
• Willing to sign, agree and adhere to our Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete Agreement
Candidates must have reliable transportation
Positions will start out as part-time with the potential to lead to full-time
Email CV Letters and Resumes to: Events@thebrownstonenc.com
Please Note: All suitable candidates will be contacted once our hiring period closes on April 14, 2018.